CineGouna Emerge - Call for Applications
CineGouna Emerge is an initiative designed to empower the next generation of filmmakers in Egypt.
In partnership with the United Nations in Egypt and the European Union in Egypt, GFF invites film students and emerging talents to attend the festival.
GFF recognizes that nurturing fresh voices and providing opportunities to young filmmakers is essential for the continued vitality of the film industry. Thus anyone who participated in the production of a short film, feature film or TV series, narrative and documentary, can apply - directors, producers, writers, but also actors, cinematographers, sound engineers, artistic directors and so on.
CineGouna Emerge invitees will have access to workshops, networking opportunities, industry professionals and film screenings.
The application is open until 24 September, 2023.
Click Here To apply
CineGouna Emerge aims at empowering young people and fostering the film industry in Egypt with the following objectives:
● Talent Nurturing: The initiative addresses the need for nurturing and supporting emerging talent in the Arab film industry by offering exposure and educational experiences to emerging talents and established professionals.
● Diverse Voices: Arab cinema is rich with cultures, stories, and perspectives. This initiative emphasizes inclusivity and provides a platform for voices that might otherwise remain unheard, contributing to a more diverse cinematic landscape. The selection will ensure geographical coverage across Egypt’s regions, gender balance, and representation of persons with disabilities.
● Skills Enhancement: Festival workshops, panels, and masterclasses provide valuable learning opportunities, helping participants enhance their technical skills and gain industry insights.
● Networking: The El Gouna Film Festival is known for its networking opportunities. By connecting emerging filmmakers with industry professionals, collaborators, and mentors, the initiative fosters a supportive community to propel their careers forward. It also facilitates networking among participants for potential future collaborations.
● Applicants must be between 18-29 years old and currently reside in Egypt.
● Applicants must have participated in the realization of at least one publicly screened short film or have been involved in the production of a feature film, TV series, or other forms of visual arts.
● Alternatively the applicants must study or have recently graduated in Visual Arts or film at a university or film school.
● Applicants may have different roles within the cinema industry, not limited to directors, producers, and writers, but also including actors, cinematographers, art directors, editors, sound engineers, and more
● Applicants who have received prior capacity building relevant to arts for development, social norms, women and youth empowerment or a related area, from international organizations, national partners, civil society or any other development entity, as well as migrants and refugees residing in Egypt, are encouraged to apply.
Click on the link above and access the application form.
Upload additional material, such as a CV mentioning two mentors that can give recommendations on you, screeners of previous work, scripts, visuals such as mood boards or stills and other work samples.
Applicants will be selected by a panel based on the eligibility and selection criteria, ensuring no discrimination in gender, disability or socio-economic background.
All expenses of the selected participants, such as travel to and transport in Gouna, as well as accommodation, food and their accreditation will be covered.
Connect with us