To submit your project in development or film in post-production to CineGouna Platform, kindly login to your visitor page or sign up by clicking here
For the 6th edition of CineGouna Platform, El Gouna Film Festival will accept submissions of feature narrative and feature documentary projects in development, as well as films in post-production, beginning March 31, 2022.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is July 15, 2022 for projects in development and August 1, 2022 for films in post-production.
Submissions are invited in the following general categories:
Feature narratives in development
Feature documentaries in development
Feature narratives in post-production
Feature documentaries in post-production
For the purpose of submission to CineGouna Platform, feature narratives are defined as works of fiction of at least 65 minutes in length, while feature documentaries are defined as non-fiction works of at least 52 minutes in length.
Projects in development are those for which principal photography has not yet been started. Films in post-production are films for which the principal photography has been completed, and work on post-production is still in progress.
All applicants must comply with the rules and regulations.
a) The director of a submitted work must be a national of (or originally from) one of the countries listed below. In addition, at least one of the production companies must be from at least one of the following countries:
Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE and Yemen.
b) Projects must have both a director and a producer attached.
a) The application process is to be completed online. Hard copies of the applications will not be accepted.
b) The application can only be submitted by the producer or the director of the project. Applications made by any other person will not be accepted.
c) The applications for feature narratives or feature documentaries in development must contain the following:
i. A completed online application form submitted through GFF’s website
ii. Logline (40 words max)
iii. Short synopsis (250 words max)
iv. Director's artistic statement (250 words max)
v. Producer's note (250 words max)
vi. Production details (co-producers, funds, tentative timeline)
vii. Director's profile (150 words max) and filmography
viii. Producer's profile (150 words max)
ix. Script in original language for narrative films, a mood book for documentaries
x. English translation of the script for narrative films, English translation of the mood book for documentaries
xi. Treatment (7 to 12 pages) in original language
xii. English translation of treatment
d) The applications for feature narratives or feature documentaries in post-production must contain the following:
i. A completed online application form submitted through GFF’s website
ii. A cover letter with brief details about the film
iii. Biographies of director(s), producer(s) and key crew members (150 words max)
iv. Contact information for each director, producer and key crew member
v. Short synopsis (250 words max)
vi. Director’s artistic statement (250 words max)
vii. Video links of all previous work
viii. Filmographies of the filmmaker(s) and producer(s)
ix. Financial plan with confirmed financing, and a budget for the requested funds
x. Copies of all confirmed financing agreements
xi. Post-production estimated schedule
xii. Video link of a scene assemblage or a rough cut (not less than 30 minutes) of the film. Details such as film title, running time of rough cut, applicant’s name and contact information must be provided along with video link. The rough cut must be subtitled in English, unless the original language of the film is English.
xiii. Detailed post-production budget and corresponding financial plan (in addition to the budget and financing plan of the whole production), with detailed information regarding the cost of the work not yet financed, along with an explanation of the budget deficit items and copies of documents regarding confirmed or requested funds.
e) CineGouna Platform reserves the right to use the title, publicity material, digital pictures, or clips of a selected project for promotion purposes.
f) The documents submitted by the applicant to CineGouna Platform must be rendered accessible to the third-party partners and evaluation committees associated with CineGouna Platform, as well as to the consultants/experts or jury members participating in CineGouna Platform.
g) The submitted documents will be sent to the aforementioned parties by email. The applicant is aware of and understands the risks associated with correspondence by email. In particular, email can be unwittingly lost or read, received, copied or falsified by outside parties, which may result in considerable damages.
h) The applicant allows GFF to conduct written email correspondence relating to the above-mentioned evaluation and to all matters associated with the CineGouna Platform, as well as to send project documents by email to the selection committees, consultants/experts, jury members and other third-party partners participating in the CineGouna Platform.
- Once the project in development or film in post-production is selected, either the producer and/or the director of the project must be present in El Gouna from October 15 to 20, 2022.
- Participation in the orientation session that will be held on October 15, 2022 is mandatory.
- Accommodation, travel and accreditation of the director and the producer of the selected projects for CineGouna SpringBoard will be covered by GFF.
- Selected international applicants are required to obtain the necessary visa on their own. GFF will provide all the necessary documents.
- Projects in development will be selected from applications received on or before the last date of submission: July 15, 2022. Films in post-production will be selected from applications received on or before the last date of submission: August 1, 2022
- The selection committee will select projects or films in post-production on the basis of their content, artistic vision, and overall financial feasibility.
- The selection committee’s decision will be final and binding.
- Applicants may send in more than one submission, but only one project or film in post-production per director or producer will be selected. Each accepted submission will be eligible for any number of awards.
- The award will be subject to the terms of the CineGouna SpringBoard. Participants must sign an agreement and accept the terms and conditions of the award before receiving the award.
- The winner of the CineGouna Platform award must commit to holding the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) premiere of the film, when it is ready, at the immediate next edition of El Gouna Film Festival.
- The selected projects will compete for CineGouna Platform certificate and a cash award of USD 15,000.
- Additional grants, funded by different institutions, are expected to join the CineGouna Platform. These funding institutions may require to be acknowledged for their support by way of inclusion of a line and their logo in the credits of the film once the film is completed. By submitting a project to CineGouna SpringBoard, the applicant agrees to include the text and logo in the credits of the film.
- An international jury of film experts, invited by El Gouna Film Festival, will meet the representatives of the projects in development or films in post-production selected for the 6th edition of CineGouna SpringBoard to discuss and help them fine-tune their projects.
- The award will be decided by a jury of industry experts and announced at the CineGouna Platform closing ceremony to be held on October 20, 2022.
- The cash amount of the awards will be disbursed to the applicant who has submitted the project to CineGouna SpringBoard, or to any other producer associated with the film that is nominated and authorized by the applicant to receive the grant. Such a nomination must be conveyed in writing to El Gouna Film Festival.
CineGouna Platform reserves the right to invite a project or a film in post-production.
CineGouna Platform reserves the right to change the rules and regulations of the programs without prior notice. Changes will be published on the festival’s official webpage.
- The applicant confirms, undertakes and agrees that in the event that the applicant’s project or film in post-production is selected for an award or a grant by CineGouna Platform, the applicant shall not be entitled to release her/his film based on the said project without giving credit to CineGouna Platform and inserting the CineGouna Platform logo in the credits of the film, on its poster and all its publicity material once finalized. The logo at the appropriate resolution will be sent upon request. Fulfilling this condition is a prerequisite for the project’s eventual release on any distribution platform.
- The applicant agrees to provide a DVD copy of the finished film along with one of each publicity material used prior to the release of the film to enable CineGouna Platform to ascertain that the credits and placement of the CineGouna Platform logo are accurate. In the event that CineGouna Platform notifies the applicant in writing to change the credits or placement of the CineGouna Platform logo, then the applicant shall be bound to carry out such changes. The applicant agrees and understands that CineGouna Platform shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief against the film in the event of the applicant’s breach of this obligation to accord CineGouna Platform with appropriate credits as directed by CineGouna Platform.
CineGouna Platform is an industry-oriented event whose aim is to enable film industry professionals to promote their projects and make valuable business contacts in the film circles. The role of El Gouna Film Festival in holding and organizing the CineGouna Platform is limited to providing a platform to the professionals in their interest and for the purpose specified above. The applicant agrees and undertakes that in case of a dispute in relation to the project submitted to CineGouna Platform with any third party, including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights infringement claims or otherwise, the applicant will not make any claim against El Gouna Film Festival in this regard and will initiate claim only against the concerned individual before the appropriate forum.
Applicants agree to be bound by the laws of the Arab Republic of Egypt. Disputes, if any, will be subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts in Egypt.
Completed entry form and all required enclosures should be submitted online.
For more information or inquiries, please email us at:
Connect with us